Saturday, February 26, 2011






Dr. Gentry,

Today was a good day; anytime we go out soul winning it is a good day because we are obeying the Word of God!

We traveled in the GSCH coaster bus to the village of Chikanga, in the area of Liwonde. This is where the Government School college is. There were 17 adults broken up into 8 teams. God gave us traveling mercies, no police stops, and no breakdowns. When we arrived Andrew Nyenga and myself set off for the Mfumu’s house to talk to him about his salvation and the possibility of purchasing property for a church. Along the way I talked to a muslim man that accepted our tracts, but did not come to repentance. We traveled a little further, and Andrew was able to lead an older lady to the Lord just down from the new Mosque that has been constructed. I talked to 3 young men right in front of the Mosque, and by the time I finished there were about 15 muslims listening to me. At the end none of them wanted to talk to God, but they did ask some questions about the Bible, questions that they have been taught to ask at the Mosque. I ended up handing out tracts, both Heaven Bound, and special Muslim tracts to all, and John/Romans all to the older kids.

.

We finally arrived at the Mfumu’s house, and he was gracious in listening to me along with about 5 other adults, and about 10 kids. I talked to him for about 45 minutes, giving him my personal testimony about my Salvation, and how God desires a Relationship, not religion. At the end all of the adults, and kids bowed their heads and prayed to receive Jesus as their Savior. When they were done I questioned the Mfumu about did he really pray from his heart, or was he just praying for the azungu. He stated, “I prayed from my heart, and I believe in Jesus”.

We then went to look at some land for a church, there is very little, and just one parcel down from the college about 300 meters on the tarmac. I am asking God to please open something up closer to the college, and show Himself strong on His behalf!!

Attached are some photos of the group of soul winners, the new Mosque, and one of the Mfumu, his wife & kids and me. Also there is one of Henry and Andrew with the Mfumu.

By His Grace & Mercy,

John

No comments: